Diving Nunukan with Extra Divers | ADEX Specials
Nunukan Island Resort can now be reached by plane directly from Balikpapan! The exclusive Extradivers charter flight will be operated by Garuda Indonesia’s ATR-72 aircraft with 65 seats, directly from Balikpapan to Maratua and back. You will be picked up from the airport to Maratua harbour and the boat transfer to Nunukan Island takes 5-10 minutes only.
Nunukan Island Resort is located on a private island on the outer reef of Maratua Atoll, approx. 60km east of East Kalimantan State in the middle of the Celebes Sea.
Price per person in SGD
- $1,650 per person in twin-share bungalow
- Min. 2 persons to go
Terms and Conditions
- Book by Apr 30, for travel up to Dec 31, 2018, subject to availability
- Deposit of SGD 100 per diver is payable at ADEX
- 30% of dive package is payable by Fri, Apr 13, 2018
- Balance payment must be made by Mon, Apr 30, 2018
- Return Balikpapan/Maratua airfare; charters are on Saturdays only.
- Boat transfers to Resort.
- 7 Night (Saturday-Saturday) twin-share accommodation in Bungalow
- Full board meals
- 10 house-reef dives, belt, tank, weights & guide
- Additional dive excursions such as night dive, diving at further dive sites
- Nitrox fills
- Dive equipment rental
- All personal expenditure like soft/hard drinks, phone calls, laundry, massages, tipping, etc.
Extras payable locally
A surcharge will be applied in addition to the House-reef dive package for the following trips …
- €10 per dive ~ Early morning or sunset/night dive (before 07.30 or after 17.00)
- €30 per diver ~ Half-day trip “Muaras” (2 dives)
- €15 per diver ~ Half-day trip “South Maratua” (2 dives)
- €20 per diver ~ Half-day trip “Big Fish Country” (2 dives)
- €40 per diver ~ Day trip “Sangalaki & Kakaban” (2-3 dives)
- €6 per tank ~ Nitrox tank (on request)
- €2 per tank ~ 15-litre tank (subject to availability)
- €40 per diver ~ Extra day trip to Sangalaki & Kakaban (min. 4 persons to go)
- €45 per dive ~ Private guide (max. 2 persons per guide, subject to availability)
Dive equipment rental
- €22 per day ~ full set dive equipment including wetsuit, BCD, regulators, computer, mask, snorkel, fins, SMB, Reefhook.
Chartered flights to/from Maratua on Saturdays only
Operated on Garuda Indonesia’s ATR-72 aircraft with 65 seats.
Flight schedule. Balikpapan (BPN); Maratua (MRT)
As for connecting flights, we recommend …
- Arrival on Saturday morning in Jakarta, for example by QR0958 @07.50 or SQ950 @07.05. Connect with GA570 @10.15 from Jakarta, arrival Balikpapan 13.30.
- Arrive Friday evening with Singapore Airlines in Balikpapan, and the next day fresh and relaxed to Nabucco.
- From Balikpapan with GA571 @17.55, arrival Jakarta 19.00,
- Or more comfortably, GA575 @20.00 from Balikpapan, arrival Jakarta 21.00.
- On Monday, for example, continue with Singapore Airlines to Singapore.
Of course, a stay at Samboja Lodge (orangutans) in Balikpapan is still recommended.
Luggage can be checked through from Jakarta to Maratua and back.
As this is a charter flight it is only bookable through us and not found online.
Our midweek shuttle boat service will remain.
- Arrival Berau-Nabucco on Wednesday, the boat will leave Berau at 15.00 or earlier if everybody is there already. If there is some waiting time our driver will take the guests to a hotel lobby where they can wait comfortably with AC, WC and wifi.
- Departure Nabucco-Berau on Tuesday, the boat leaves the island early morning to connect with GA693 @11.00.
Deposit and Balance Payment
- Deposit of SGD 200 per diver is payable immediately
- Balance payment must be made by Apr 30, 2018.
Extra Divers Worldwide
The success story of Extra Divers started with the opening of the first Extra Divers dive center in the Red Sea 20 years ago. The dive pioneers recognized that there was a missing link between professional tourism and customer-oriented diving activities in the fast-growing diving vacation market.
This idea and the implementation of the concept of safe diving combined with the best of hospitality soon proved to be the right approach. Cooperating with handpicked travel agencies, hotels and airlines – simultaneously guaranteeing a fair value for the money – has already led to consistently favourable feedback from satisfied guests. This positive image of Extra Divers has spread among the divers.
In 2001, during the search for exceptional destinations, Extra Divers was successful with Nabucco Island, just off the coast of Borneo in Indonesia, where they combined hotel and dive center for the first time. A one-stop service—envisioned by divers, for divers—to indulge our guests.
As a result, the “Nabucco Project” was born continuing this revolutionary concept. There are now new “Nabucco” resorts on Tobago (Nabucco’s Resort Speyside Inn), the Nabucco’s Nunukan Island Resort, also in Maratua Atoll in Indonesia, as well as on the Moluccas in Indonesia, where Nabucco’s Cape Paperu Resort is operated from.
Our guests greatly appreciate the complete service from our hotel and diving services, at the best dive sites in the world with fine cuisine and appealing bungalows in an environmentally friendly design.
We hope to greet our constantly growing circle of guests at our dive centre in one of the most beautiful places on this earth — a dream vacation with unforgettable dives.