Diving with Tufi Dive Resort | ADEX Specials
Located on the slopes of Mount Trafalgar with stunning views of the fjords below, the Tufi Dive Resort is a lovely resort offering accommodation in comfortable bungalows traditionally constructed from local bush materials and decorated with superb tribal carvings and artifacts. Though diving is the main activity, other options include hiking, bird watching and village visits.
The diving is stunning. There are more than 15 local dive sites that range from muck diving in the fjords and the inner reefs, to the further afield (about 40 minutes by speedboat) outer reefs which are where you will find the big stuff. These reefs are coral bommies rising up from the deep and there are still many to be discovered with the best of the known ones being Cyclone Reef, Veale Reef, Mulloway and Stewart Reef. There are also a couple of wrecks in the local area such as S'Jacob, a Dutch merchant ship that was sunk during a Japanese air raid in WWII though this is only for experienced divers.
Sightings of hammerheads, and a variety of reef sharks are common but it's not just the big fish that are the attraction here. The coral is incredibly healthy and there is a wide variety of macro life, so overall there is much to appeal to divers no matter what their preference.
Take advantage of our special airfare for Singapore Residents; proof of Singapore Residency is required.
ADEX 2018 Special
Valid for booking from Apr 06 - Jun 05, 2018, and for travel up to Dec 31, 2018.
Depart SIN/POM on Tuesday; Return to POM/SIN the following Wednesday.
|Price per person in SGD dollars|
10D7N Diving Tufi; 10 guided boat dives over 5 diving days
|Valid from Apr 01 - Jun 30, 2018|
|Prices do not include air passage to/from Port Moresby; please check with us for our special airfare between Singapore and Port Moresby on Air Niugini.|
- Return domestic 'V' class airfare between Port Moresby and Tufi on Airlines of PNG
- Airport transfers in Tufi
- 7 nights’ twin-share accommodation in a Standard Room with a complimentary upgrade if available
- All meals (continental breakfast, lunch & 3-course dinner)
- 10 outer reef boat dives (includes tanks & weights)
- 1 wharf dive daily (prior to 5pm)
- Unlimited snorkelling and use of canoes/kayaks/SUP boards on the house reef
- 2 free laundry services during the stay
- Air passage to/from Port Moresby; please check with us for our special tour-based airfare between Singapore and Port Moresby.
- Visa on arrival @ PGK100 per person
- SGD 350 Air Niugini surcharge for non-Asian residents
- SGD 165 per person Air Niugini Peak Season Surcharge for SIN/POM/SIN flights
- Outbound SIN in January and February
- Inbound SIN in November and December 01-15
- Pre/post-tour transfers and accommodation in Port Moresby
- Personal expenditure like laundry, phone calls, spa treatments, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, bar/gift shop purchases and incidentals
- Additional diving/activities/tours
- Continental breakfast is included, hot breakfast is an additional charge
- Dive equipment rental
- Tips & gratuities for resort staff & dive crew
- Environmental & Safety Fees of PGK 15 per person per day
- DANS insurance is mandatory
Air Niugini Flight Schedules
SIN/POM/SIN (International, ex-Singapore)
123..6. PX 393 SIN/POM 2015/#0450
...4... PX 393 SIN/POM 2035/#0510
123..6. PX 392 POM/SIN 1410/1830
...4... PX 392 POM/SIN 1500/1920
1...... CG 1672 POM/TFI 0640/0815
..3.5.. CG 1672 POM/TFI 1515/1605
1...... CG 1673 TFI/POM 0845/0935
..3.5.. CG 1673 TFI/POM 1630/1805
7N Dive Tufi; 10 Outer Reef Dives plus 01 daily Whalf Dive
Day 01 / Tue / Singapore - Port Moresby
Day 02 / Wed / Arrive in Port Moresby, fly to Tufi. Transfer to Tufi Dive Resort.
Day 03 / Thu / Tufi - 2 dives
Day 04 / Fri / Tufi - 2 dives
Day 05 / Sat / Tufi - 2 dives
Day 06 / Sun / Tufi - Free and easy day
Day 07 / Mon / Tufi - 2 dives
Day 08 / Tue / Tufi - 2 dives
Day 09 / Wed / Tufi - Fly to Port Moresby. Overnight in POM (own hotel booking).
Day 10 / Thu / Port Moresby - Singapore
Tufi offers a wide variety of diving experiences. From diving the fiords to uncharted reefs and WW2 wrecks. Constant visibility of 30 metres plus and water temperatures of 26°C to 29°C all year round.
Dive the fjords, experience our unique macro world and check out the WW2 PT boat wrecks. Day or night, a wide variety of gobie, nudibranchs, Mandarin Fish, Ghost Pipe Fish, Pigmy Seahorse and a plethora of other fascinating creatures. A wonderful array of sponge and shelf corals that line the walls of the tropical rainforest fiord, a truly different dive environment.
The outer reef experience is unsurpassed with a choice of dozens of world-class dive sites. Moor onto a few of our favourites, Cyclone Cay, Black Rocks, Stewarts Reef and Shark Tip.
Dive the famous Dutch cargo ship the 'S Jacob' or Blackjack - an intact B17 bomber - as specialty charter dives. Spectacular marine life in abundance: schooling barracuda and reef fish, hammerheads, reef sharks, manta rays, eagle rays, grouper and cruising pelagic as well as soft and hard corals. A pristine environment unspoiled.