High Road to Tibet
High Road to Tibet adventure from SGD 4,199 per person
Trip prices DO NOT include international airfare & airport taxes.
From the sacred peaks of Tibet to lush green Nepalese valleys, explore the best of the Himalaya on this 2-week tour. Discover mighty temples and small outposts on a journey that offers incredible vistas at every turn of the trail. Our expert CEOs will take the hassle out of planning and help you find the secluded spots only the locals know - and leave you with time to explore. In the thin mountain air of Rombuk, the highest monastery in the world, you'll enjoy unparalleled views of Mt Everest. So make sure your camera is charged - you're going to need it.
High Road to Tibet
This itinerary has been updated from an overland border crossing into Nepal, to include a flight from Lhasa to Kathmandu to end the tour. Damage to the Tibet-Nepal highway due to the 2015 earthquake has left roads closed, meaning a flight is currently the only way to travel between the two countries. It is unknown when the highway will reopen and no overland travel will be possible between these two destinations for the foreseeable future.
Arrive at any time.
Take an orientation walk in Durbar Square before visiting the Sisterhood of Survivors Project, a grassroots organization. Meet some of the women and learn how to make Nepalese momos (dumplings) before enjoying an authentic local lunch. In the evening, enjoy free time to explore the fascinating city.
Exclusive Inclusions G Adventures for Good Sisterhood of Survivors Project
Meals included: Lunch
Depart for a community homestay in Panauti. Choose to disembark in Sanga and hike the remaining way to the village or continue via private vehicle. Explore the village then help cook an authentic Nepalese dinner.
Exclusive Inclusions Local Living Panauti Homestay
Meals included: Dinner
Take an afternoon flight to Lhasa and spend three days exploring Lhasa, adjusting to the altitude, and learning more about the unique culture here.
Enjoy an orientation walk around Barkhor Square and guided tour of the Jokhang Temple. In the afternoon explore Sera Monastery.
Explore the grounds of Potala Palace where the Dalai Lamas would meditate. Later, visit the Dalai Lama's Summer Palace, Norbulingka.
Drive to Gyantse along beautiful Yamdrok Tso.
In the morning, visit Pelkor Chode Monastery and Gyantse Kumbum. After breakfast, depart for Xȇgar. On the way, make a stop in Sakya and explore the Sakya Monastery.
Visit Rongbuk, the highest monastery in the world. Hike to Everest Base Camp for a closer view of this magnificent mountain.
Exclusive Inclusions Local Living Rongbuk Monastery Visit and Stay
Travel from Rongbuk Si to Shigatse.
Enjoy a visit to the Tashilunpo Monastery and opt to complete the surrounding kora. In the afternoon, enjoy free time visiting the local market or exploring the scenic city.
Travel back to Lhasa.
Fly back to Kathmandu and enjoy a final evening in the city.
Depart any time.
Is this tour for me?
Travel Style Classic
All of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
Service Level Standard
Comfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
Physical Rating Demanding
Some high-altitude hikes or more strenuous activities, but accessible to most healthy travellers.
Trip Type Small Group
Small group experience; Max 14, avg 12
Age requirement 12+
All travellers under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Price per person in SGD
- from $4,199 per person
- $1,239 ~ *My Own Room
*If you're travelling solo and would prefer to have your own private room throughout your trip, select this option during the booking process.
- G Adventures for Good Sisterhood of Survivors Project, Kathmandu
- Local Living Panauti Homestay, Panauti
- Local Living Rongbuk Monastery Visit and Stay, Rongpu Si
- Kathmandu orientation walk
- Lhasa orientation walk
- Potala Palace entrance
- Sera Monastery visit
- Jokhang Temple entrance
- Pelkor Chode, Gyantse Kunbum, and Tashilhunpo Monastery visits
- Everest Base Camp entrance and hike
- Border crossing support
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Accommodations Hotels/guesthouses (12 nts), very basic guesthouse (1 nt, limited facilities).
- Meals 1 lunch, 1 dinner; allow USD375-490 for meals not included.
- Transportation Plane, local bus, air-con bus, walking.
- Staff & experts Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Sun, 01 Apr - Sat, 14 Apr, 2018 $4319
- Sun, 08 Apr - Sat, 21 Apr $4319
- Sun, 06 May - Sat, 19 May $4319
- Sun, 27 May - Sat, 09 Jun $4319
- Sun, 17 Jun - Sat, 30 Jun $4319
- Sun, 08 Jul - Sat, 21 Jul $4199
- Sun, 29 Jul - Sat, 11 Aug $4199
- Sun, 12 Aug - Sat, 25 Aug $4199
- Sun, 26 Aug - Sat, 08 Sep $4199
- Sun, 09 Sep - Sat, 22 Sep $4439
- Sun, 23 Sep - Sat, 06 Oct $4439
- Sun, 14 Oct - Sat, 27 Oct $4439
- Sun, 21 Oct - Sat, 03 Nov, 2018 $4439
- Sun, 07 Apr - Sat, 20 Apr, 2019 $4319B
- Sun, 21 Apr - Sat, 04 May $4319
- Sun, 05 May - Sat, 18 May $4319
- Sun, 19 May - Sat, 01 Jun $4319
- Sun, 09 Jun - Sat, 22 Jun $4319
- Sun, 23 Jun - Sat, 06 Jul $4319
- Sun, 07 Jul - Sat, 20 Jul $4199
- Sun, 21 Jul - Sat, 03 Aug $4199
- Sun, 04 Aug - Sat, 17 Aug $4199
- Sun, 18 Aug - Sat, 31 Aug $4199
- Sun, 01 Sep - Sat, 14 Sep $4439
- Sun, 08 Sep - Sat, 21 Sep $4439
- Sun, 22 Sep - Sat, 05 Oct $4439
- Sun, 06 Oct - Sat, 19 Oct $4439
- Sun, 13 Oct - Sat, 26 Oct $4439
- Sun, 20 Oct - Sat, 02 Nov, 2019 $4439