Highlights of Madagascar
14-day classic adventure from USD $2,199 per person
Wild landscapes, village culture, beaches – Madagascar might be an island but there’s nothing small about it. For those who like to get remote, this isolated island is packed with wildlife, landscapes and people you’ll find nowhere else. (And everybody loves lemurs!) You’ll get to embrace local life and still have time to relax at the beach. Best of all, there’s always a local CEO there to lead the way and provide a link to the unusual and extraordinary.
Arrive at any time.
Travel to Andasibe-Mantadia National Park with stops en route. Visit the upland rainforest. Enjoy a guided walk in Andasibe-Mantadia National Park for the first glimpse at Madagascar's famous lemurs. Stay in a quiet area near Andasibe and explore the Indri Special Reserve section of this massive area.
Spend the day exploring this national park. Stay in a quiet area near Andasibe and explore the Indri Special Reserve section of this massive area.
Travel to the colonial city of Antsirabe, stopping to see rice paddies and artisan workshops along the way.
Visit Lake Andraikiba before continuing to the small village of Fiadanana. Explore this beautiful village as you make your way to the homestay by foot. Listen to a ghost talker and enjoy a homestay and dinner with a local family.
Meals included: Lunch | Dinner
Hike back to the bus taking in the stunning views. Continue on to Ranomafana. Learn traditional rituals from the local villagers. Enjoy a guided night walk outside the Ranomafana National Park.
Meals included: Breakfast
Embark on an early morning forest walk to get a feel for the incredible wildlife of the area. Afterwards, enjoy a scenic travel day heading south through Madagascar's wine-producing region.
Stop at Anja Community Reserve, known for groups of ring-tailed lemurs. Continue on through the changing landscape to Ranohira and Isalo National Park.
Spend a full day exploring the park on foot, stopping at a natural swimming pool and waterfalls.
Drive through the desert landscape, viewing Mahafaly tombs and giant baobab trees en route. Continue to the beautiful Mozambican Channel beaches of Ifaty.
Spend two full days enjoying this gorgeous area. Opt to do some hiking or hit the beach.
Travel to Toliara for a flight to Antananarivo and an optional last night out on the town.
Depart at any time.
Is this tour for me?
Is this tour for me?
Travel Style Classic
All of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
Service Level Standard
Comfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
Physical Rating Average
Some tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
Trip Type Small Group
Small group experience; Max 16, Average 12.
Age requirement 12+
All travellers under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Price per person in US dollars
- USD $2,199 ~ Adult Twin
- USD $549 ~ Optional "My Own Room"
- Andasibe Indri Special Reserve guided walk
- Artisan workshop visit
- Traditional healer visit
- Homestay and traditional dinner
- Ranomafana National Park guided walk
- Paper factory visits
- Anja Reserve walk
- Isalo National Park visit
- Beach time in Ifaty
- Internal flight
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Accommodations Hotels (12 nights), homestay (1 night, multi-share).
- Meals 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner; allow USD $325-425 for meals not included.
- Transportation Private minibus, plane, walking.
- Staff & experts Chief Experience Officer (CEO), driver throughout, local guides.
- Sat, 01 Apr - Fri, 14 Apr, 2017 $2199
- Sat, 08 Apr - Fri, 21 Apr $2099
- Sat, 15 Apr - Fri, 28 Apr $2099
- Sat, 22 Apr - Fri, 05 May $2099
- Sat, 06 May - Fri, 19 May $2199
- Sat, 20 May - Fri, 02 Jun $2199
- Sat, 03 Jun - Fri, 16 Jun $2199
- Sat, 17 Jun - Fri, 30 Jun $2199
- Sat, 08 Jul - Fri, 21 Jul $2299
- Sat, 15 Jul - Fri, 28 Jul $2299
- Sat, 22 Jul - Fri, 04 Aug $2299
- Sat, 05 Aug - Fri, 18 Aug $2299
- Sat, 12 Aug - Fri, 25 Aug $2299
- Sat, 19 Aug - Fri, 01 Sep $2299
- Sat, 02 Sep - Fri, 15 Sep $2299
- Sat, 09 Sep - Fri, 22 Sep $2299
- Sat, 16 Sep - Fri, 29 Sep $2299
- Sat, 23 Sep - Fri, 06 Oct $2299
- Sat, 07 Oct - Fri, 20 Oct $2299
- Sat, 14 Oct - Fri, 27 Oct $2299
- Sat, 28 Oct - Fri, 10 Nov $2299
- Sat, 04 Nov - Fri, 17 Nov $2099
- Sat, 11 Nov - Fri, 24 Nov $2099
- Sat, 18 Nov - Fri, 01 Dec, 2017 $2099
- Sat, 31 Mar - Fri, 13 Apr, 2018 $2199
- Sat, 07 Apr - Fri, 20 Apr $2199
- Sat, 14 Apr - Fri, 27 Apr $2199
- Sat, 21 Apr - Fri, 04 May $2199
- Sat, 28 Apr - Fri, 11 May $2199
- Sat, 05 May - Fri, 18 May $2299
- Sat, 12 May - Fri, 25 May $2299
- Sat, 19 May - Fri, 01 Jun $2299
- Sat, 26 May - Fri, 08 Jun $2299
- Sat, 02 Jun - Fri, 15 Jun $2299
- Sat, 09 Jun - Fri, 22 Jun $2299
- Sat, 16 Jun - Fri, 29 Jun $2299
- Sat, 23 Jun - Fri, 06 Jul $2299
- Sat, 30 Jun - Fri, 13 Jul $2299
- Sat, 07 Jul - Fri, 20 Jul $2399
- Sat, 14 Jul - Fri, 27 Jul $2399
- Sat, 21 Jul - Fri, 03 Aug $2399
- Sat, 28 Jul - Fri, 10 Aug $2399
- Sat, 04 Aug - Fri, 17 Aug $2399
- Sat, 11 Aug - Fri, 24 Aug $2399
- Sat, 18 Aug - Fri, 31 Aug $2399
- Sat, 25 Aug - Fri, 07 Sep $2399
- Sat, 01 Sep - Fri, 14 Sep $2399
- Sat, 08 Sep - Fri, 21 Sep $2399
- Sat, 15 Sep - Fri, 28 Sep $2399
- Sat, 22 Sep - Fri, 05 Oct $2399
- Sat, 06 Oct - Fri, 19 Oct $2399
- Sat, 13 Oct - Fri, 26 Oct $2399
- Sat, 27 Oct - Fri, 09 Nov $2399
- Sat, 03 Nov - Fri, 16 Nov $2199
- Sat, 10 Nov - Fri, 23 Nov $2199
- Sat, 17 Nov - Fri, 30 Nov, 2018 $2199