Mount Kinabalu Summit Climb
Mount Kinabalu Summit Climb package starts from SGD 1,033 per person.
Mount Kinabalu, at 4,095m, is the highest mountain in Southeast Asia. It was formed one and a half million years ago - an infant compared to other mountains. Kinabalu is home to over 400 different types of fern and 1500 different orchids. There are more species of pitcher plants on Kinabalu than anywhere else in the world.
The first recorded ascent of Kinabalu was made by Hugh Low, then a colonial official in Borneo, in 1851. The highest peak is named after him, although it was not discovered by him (it was John Whitehead who discovered Low's Peak in 1888). Low and his party took 15 days just to reach the base of Kinabalu. Nowadays it can be climbed in 2 days.
Mt. Kinabalu Summit Climb
On arrival at Kota Kinabalu airport, meet with our driver and proceed to Kinabalu Park.
The journey by road will take approximately 2 hours passing by villages, paddy fields along the Crocker Range. A brief stop at Nabalu Market for an opportunity to buy local handicrafts and local fruits.
Upon arrival at the park, proceed to check in. Free at own leisure for the afternoon.
Overnight at The Hill Lodge or similar.
Transfer to Timpohon Gate and start trekking up Mount Kinabalu.
The summit trail leads you through the montane, upper montane, and sub-alpine forest. Look out for colourful rhododendrons, pitcher plants, wild orchids, and other interesting vegetation.
Take your packed lunch provided along the way amidst cool mountain air.
Arrive at Laban Rata in the late afternoon.
Dinner at Laban Rata Resthouse.
Overnight at mountain huts (3,270m).
Start the second stage of climb at around 02.00 hours to reach the summit (Low’s Peak, 4,095m) by dawn.
Enjoy breathtaking views from the peak.
Descend to Laban Rata Resthouse for breakfast before descending further to Park Headquarters when you will have lunch.
Return to Kota Kinabalu in the afternoon after collecting your Certificate of Achievement.
Overnight at Klagan Hotel or similar.
The morning is free until transfer to the airport for your departure flight.
- Cost and itinerary is subject to change.
- We will verify availability and itinerary upon receiving your request.
|Price per person in SGD|
4D3N Mount Kinabalu Summit Climb
|Valid from Feb 01 - Dec 31, 2018.|
|Single Trekker||02-03 persons||04-05 persons||06 or more|
|Private Tour Plus Walk The Torque Via Ferrata||1515||1179||1064||1052|
|Private Tour Plus Low's Peak Circuit Via Ferrata||1593||1256||1144||1121|
|**Our trips are organised as a private tour with your own English-speaking mountain guide. Airport transfers, however, are seat-in-coach transfers.|
|Hill Lodge High Season Surcharge To Be Advised|
|Klagan Hotel High Season Surcharge @ MYR 50 per room
Dec 24, 2017 - Jan 01, 2018, and Feb 15-22, 2018.
Surcharge on late land transfers
- A surcharge of MYR $240 per van per way applies for land transfers between 19.00 and 08.00 hours.
- Airport & land transfers in Seat-in-Coach (SIC) basis
- 01 night in Twin/Triple room in The Hill Lodge or similar in Kinabalu Park
- 01 night in dormitory-style unheated mountain hut
- 01 night in Twin/Triple room in Klagan Hotel or similar in Kota Kinabalu
- Climbing expenses
- Entry Permit, climbing permit, insurance & certificate
- Services of private mountain guide (except for Via Ferrata)
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Air passage to/from Kota Kinabalu; please check with us about our attractive tour-based airfare between Singapore and Kota Kinabalu
- Surcharge of RM240 per van per way is applied for all transfers between 19.00 and 08.00 hours)
- Travel insurance
- Hotel peak-season surcharges
- Dates for surcharge will be advised at the time of booking
- Hotel surcharge for early check-in and/or late check-out
- Drinks & meals not mentioned in the above itinerary
- Personal expenses
- Tips & gratuities for guide & porters
Mountain Torq manages the world’s highest Via Ferrata located in a UNESCO World Heritage site, Mt Kinabalu in Sabah, Malaysia. As South East Asia’s first mountaineering training centre, Mountain Torq also offers activities such as sports and rock climbing, rappelling and mountaineering skills courses.
|Walk the Torque Via Ferrata
At 3,521m, this initiation route is designed for the beginner in mind. It is a leisurely 2 to 3-hour climb offering dramatic mountain vistas with opportunities to enjoy the scenic view, while being securely fasted to the side of the mountain.
Reward yourself, as you feel your spirits soar with the spectacular views. And take photos to show your friends later!
• highest point at 3,520m • length of route 430m • vertical height traverse 109m
• walk like a monkey on the Monkey Bridge • zip on the Tyrolean traverse, • be an acrobat on the Balancing beam
• groups with a range of ages; minimum age of 10yrs old • at least 1.3 meters tall • the young at heart who is game for everything!
|Low's Peak Circuit
Explore nature’s wonders from Low’s Peak Circuit at 3,776m. Get glimpses of the uncommonly seen hidden corners of the mountain plateau as well as the broad and stunning landscapes surrounding the mountain.
Designed for the brave and active with above-average fitness levels, this 4 to 6-hour route with an optional summit attempt includes rest stops at scenic locations.
The route’s thread-like tightrope walks and swinging planks will have you convinced that the course designers are sadistic, but that’s what makes it so darn fun – testing your limits without putting your safety in jeopardy. (Lonely Planet, 11th edition)
• highest point at 3,776m • length of route 1,200m • vertical height traverse 365m
• possibly one of the world’s highest suspension bridge at 3,600m • maybe one of the world’s highest Nepalese bridge at 3,580m • connects to Walk the Torq route, so that you don’t miss anything!
• those who want to do it all • 17 years old and above • adventure seekers looking for the challenge of attempting the summit of Mt Kinabalu and experiencing the world’s highest via ferrata all within 12 hours.
Highest Via Ferrata in the World
World's highest via ferrata at Mount Kinabalu
World's Highest Via Ferrata @ Mt. Kinabalu (6:31 mins)